BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 3 - A week of thanks...

My marriage is unlike most... in a good way... actually, in a great way. I have had the privilege of knowing my in-laws my entire life (pretty much anyway). Growing up, I had a best friend named Brittany and we were inseparable. I was constantly spending the night at her house and vice versa. Even as we went through middle school and high school, we remained friends... Our families were even so close that we all went on vacations together every summer. They still do to this day... I believe Hawaii is next... ridiculous right? :) Well Brittany has an older brother, Casey, who I was pretty close to growing up, but when I graduated high school and went to college, I lost touch with many of my childhood friends. Upon completing college, I ended up meeting up Casey for dinner just to catch up and chat. The rest is history because a year later, we were planning a wedding. All that to say, I am thankful for my in-laws. How many people can really say that they LOVE living close to their in-laws? I mean, don't get me wrong, my life is not an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond... my in-laws completely respect our personal space and bounderies, which makes me a happy lady. I honestly don't know what I would do without them... Every third day, when Casey has to go to work, my MIL comes to my house, picks up my son, and takes him to her mom's house for the day. On top of that, she or my FIL will go and pick him up for me on their way home. When Casey and I both got sick, they came to the rescue and took Colton to Chuck'E'Cheese just so that we could sleep the sickness off without interruptions. These are just a small sampling of the many things they help us with, but I am forever grateful for their willingness to help in any way. I always said that I would never marry a guy who had a family that I didn't feel I belonged to. I definitely hit the jackpot and I am one very, VERY blessed momma!








Thank you God for my extended family!

0 comments: