BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 2 - A week of thanks

It used to be just me... then my sister came along... then I decided to get married... and then I had baby...

I wouldn't have gotten where I am today without my parents and they are Day 2 in my week of thanks blog!

I love that they raised two daughters and taught us important lessons like how to decide as a family where to go eat after church (it was ALWAYS Taco Bell, thanks Kenz), or how to decide which family member to pick on at Christmas, if Dr. Pepper is better than Wild Cherry Pepsi, or even when Dad told you no, just to go ask Mom! I'm kidding (kind of) but seriously, they taught us both so many important lessons, it's hard to name them all. Here are a few that have definitely stuck with me:

Love unconditionally and don't be afraid to dance like no one is watching (even when lots of people are!)



The J.O.Y you have in your heart will show by the smile on your face.


Never let go of the people that you care about and that care about you. They will be the ones who stick with you through thick and thin.


Use your God-given talents... or they will be taken away!


Never, EVER be afraid to show affection!



Thank you for giving me a life-long picture of what it looks like to be a good parent.
Thank you Mom and Dad for loving my baby like you still love me.


I am SO thankful for my parents.

0 comments: