BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 13, 2011

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 1

Day 1: introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts

My name is Ashley Pruitt, formerly Ashley Johnson. I am 26 years old and I am married to a guy that I have known my entire life as the older brother of my childhood best friend. After a crazy dating experience, we decided to get hitched on the 4th of July in 2008 and then had our first child, Colton on October 22, 2009. I love my job as a teacher and coach at Poteet High School, where I graduated from, but I would be lying if I said every day was full of smiles and giggles. Teaching is hard... Coaching is time-consuming... But I wouldn't change my career for anything else in the world. I have a family at home, but I also have an amazing family at work. After Casey and I got married and then pregnant shortly after, we decided that we needed to upgrade to a house. After several weeks/months of looking, we decided to settle down in Mesquite, somewhere in between both of our parents (for easy babysitting access of course!). So we are very blessed to have a home, 2 great jobs, 2 incredible families, 2 dogs, and one very special little boy!


Facts:
1. I love Dr. Pepper
2. I love Caramel Macchiatos from Starbucks
3. I love Sweet Tea... like rot your teeth sweet.
4. I start every morning with one of the above (even my students know this)
5. I have a healthy addiction to the Food Network and would LOVE a gourmet kitchen to cook in
6. I love James Patterson books
7. I love Key Lime Pie
8. My favorite color is red, and green comes in a close second (but not red and green together)
9. I have an obsession with the idea of being organized. I am not that organized myself, but I try to be... I have a planner, lots of storage containers, etc.
10. To go along with #8, I love buying new office supplies. Nothing is better than a brand new package of pens, pencils, or post-its :)
11. I love Pei Wei and I wish we had one in Mesquite.
12. My favorite kind of pizza is buffalo chicken.
13. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, although I hardly ever eat it in the morning.
14. When Casey and I decide to have a second baby, I am hoping for a little girl that I can name Addison or Peyton. If we have another boy, that would be great too, but I am at a loss for what I'd name him.
15. At some point in my lifetime, I want to visit the Greek islands of Santorini.

That's ME! Stay tuned for more of this 30-day challenge!

0 comments: