BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New beginnings

So, lots has happened since my last post!


1. I traveled down I-35 to Austin for our state track meet and our kids walked away with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places... At the state level, this is an AWESOME accomplishment! I am SO proud of the two girls we took, but SO happy to finally have some down time.

2. I was named our new Math department head for the 2010-2011 school year and the years to follow. I am very sad to see our current head leave because she is an incredible person, teacher, and mentor. We have a few big changes coming in our department with people leaving and moving around. I am pretty excited about whats to come, but pretty anxious as well. So when you are thinking about it, send some prayers my way! I have some HUGE shoes to fill.

3. I got accepted into the Graduate Academic Partnership program at UTA (University of Texas at Arlington). This means I start my masters program THIS month!! CRAZY!! May 24th is the magic date and then 60 weeks later, if all goes as planned, I will graduate with my masters in Education. Although 60 weeks SOUNDS like a long time, it's really a short period of time to complete something like your masters degree.

4. This one isn't really #4, but as a teacher, you have to throw it out there... We have 6 REAL days of school left and then 8 days of OFYP. What is OFYP?? You don't want to know... but if you must... it's basically where the kids who didn't pass any part of TAKS, come to school and get more TAKS thrown in their face, while all of the other "angels" stay home and sleep and start their summer 8 days early!

So... new beginnings here I come. I truly believe that God has bigger and better plans for me at Poteet and that is why I didn't get that head volleyball position. God-1, Ashley-0... really its more like God-5 billion, Ashley-0... but you get the point!

Can't wait until summer... 3 weeks!!

0 comments: